Sunday, April 27, 2014
9:00 & 10:30 am
9:00 am for Adults; No Children & Youth Education on the last Sunday of the month so we may all worship together.
Scripture: Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20 & 21
We celebrate the promise of new life all throughout the season of Easter – we hear reminders of the story, or see glimpses of resurrection, all around us. This Sunday, we’ll explore that promise in worship, guided by images, reflections, and songs offered by Saint Andrew members and inspired by the resurrection stories Jesus’ earliest followers told. Come and join in the celebration!
Rev. Erika Marksbury, Associate Pastor
This Sunday's Special Music:
Cindy Egger-Farris & Rick Heinz offering "Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down"
Joy Zimmerman offering "Walls of Blindness" by Joy Zimmerman
"Blue is the New Green"
with Kristin Riott, Executive Director of Bridging the Gap. More information about this presentation and this series sponsored by SAGE (Saint Andrew Group for Ecology) on the Adult Education page.
More Events This Sunday:
• Stations of the Resurrection - April 27: Follow this LINK for more information.
• Disciples 101: April 27-May 18: Join us Sundays, 9:00 am in Erin's Office, for a new learning opportunity, Disciples 101. Explore the Disciples of Christ history and tradition, and how that shapes our identity at Saint Andrew. You’ll also get to know more about our mission, meet some of our leaders, and find opportunities to connect and serve. RSVP@sacchome.org
• Women's Lunch: April 27: 11:30 am in Friends Hall. Read more on the Women's Page. RSVP TODAY!!
• Habitat for Humanity, Groundbreaking - April 27: 3 pm (2928 Wayne, KCMO) more
information on the Mission page.
Sign Up on Sunday
• Blood Drive: April 28, 3:00-7:00 pm in Friends Hall. Sign up in the Hearth Room or on-line.
More Upcoming Events:
• Happy Hour with the Pastor - April 28: Barley's Brewhouse (119th & Quivira)
Road Construction UPDATE!
Due to 127th Street improvement, 127th is accessible from Black Bob, or check the map for an alternative route from Pflumm. For updates on the 127th Street construction schedule, please visit the web site www.improve127th.com.
Follow this link to listen to Previous Sermons.
Our Shalom Statement
Saint Andrew Christian Church is a shalom community; a gathered people, seeking God’s peace, justice, healing, and wholeness in every part of our lives and world.
Celebrating our diversity, rejoicing in our unity, we welcome and affirm all children of God of any color, class, sexual orientation, age, gender, ability, or thought.
As members of the family of God, we share our beliefs, doubts, struggles, and growth.
Recipients of God’s boundless grace, forgiveness, and love, we in turn offer our gifts and invite the fellowship, gifts, leadership, and spirit of all who share God’s passion for shalom.
Follow us on Twitter & visit us on Facebook!