• Maundy Thursday - April 2 - Service @ 7pm; Light meal & Communion Service
• Good Friday - April 3 - Service @ 7pm; Last Words Service
• Holy Saturday - April 4 - Day of Service @ 9am & Easter Egg Hunt @10am
Sunday, April 5
Worship Times: 6:30 am Sunrise Service @ Heatherstone Park (located behind Heatherstone Elementary) &
8:30 & 10:45 am @ Saint Andrew
Christian Education: 9:30 am for Children, Youth & Adults
Scripture: John 20:1-18 "Don't You Know Who I Am?"
The beautiful Spring weather and brightly budding trees this week are making me feel a little guilty. It’s like cheating. In the days ahead, we must experience Jesus’ betrayal, suffering, and death… But outside, it is already Easter!
Through our series “Nothing But Time,” we’ve learned that everything happens in its season…and we aren’t in charge of turning of the clock, or calendar, or climate. But as life bursts forth all around us, we remember—God is in all things, in every time and place, working to bring about new life. We may not know what it will look like, or when it will appear, but we trust that good news is on the way. Through the sadness this week will bring, we hold to our belief that SOMEthing is happening in the darkness…and that something will change everything.
Experiencing Maundy Thursday and Good Friday will make your Sunday experience all the more joyful, so plan to join us for one or both of those—7pm, both nights. Then we will be here on Sunday at 8:30 and 10:45 to witness, together, “The First Day” of a new creation.
Some hospitality notes for what will be a big, busy day at Saint Andrew:
-If you come to Sunrise Service (6:30am, Heatherstone Park) bring a lawn chair—and maybe an extra for a guest. And remember, park at Heatherstone elementary—you can’t access the park from Pflumm.
-For other services--If you are able, carpool with friends; or maybe even come early, park in the neighborhood and walk over.
-Please don’t “save” big groups of seats in the sanctuary. If your family wants to sit together, try and arrive together.
-Watch for people you don’t know. Say hello. Help direct visitors to the nursery, the coffee pot, the sign in book—whatever they need. We will have extra greeters on duty, but creating a welcoming environment takes a village!
Until then—watch, wait, and hope. Good news is on the way.
Rev. Erin Wathen, Senior Pastor
This Sunday's Special Music: Saint Andrew Choir, Julie Haramia, Allan Gilson, Elizabeth Gilson, Darin Seidel, Matthew Haramia, Jim Bramlett & Cindy Egger-Farris
Adult Education Offerings @ 9:30 am:
Friends Hall - "Engagement Sunday” small group discussion (see Adult Education page.)
Room 202: Thoughtful Parents (more information on the Children's page)
• NEW "2nd Saturday" Worship Experience: Join us on the *patio at 5pm on Saturday, April 11. This gathering will be an alternative to Sunday mornings in both style and setting. We will gather at tables; sing together; share refreshments; engage in a conversational response to the message; and-of course-celebrate communion.
This gathering will fall on the 2nd Saturday of each month, initially, with the possibility of growing into a weekly opportunity in the future. Please join us for the first few months and help us envision what this space can become. Children of all ages are most welcome!
*In case of inclement weather, we will meet in Friends Hall.
• Youth Sunday - April 12 - The youth of Saint Andrew will lead both services.
• Benefit Concert - April 17 - Cindy Egger, Larry Yates, Darin Seidel, Jamie Frazier & Joy Zimmerman will hold a benefit concert for Saint Andrew Christian Church (Interfaith Hospitality Network - temporary housing for the homeless in Johnson County) and First Lutheran Church (Larry's home church - Hope Center for Youth, an after school program for students attending DeLaSalle Charter School). Concert begins at 7:30pm at Saint Andrew. Tickets will be $10 at the door.
• Mission & Outreach Opportunities: check the Mission & Outreach page for more information.
• Bible Study: second and fourth Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm, Room 202/203. (no RSVP needed)
• Parents' Dinner In: fourth Friday of the month. Read more on the Children's Page.
• Grief: A Living Experience with Jody Gyulay: first Sunday of the month, 11:45, Room 102.
• SAGE (Saint Andrew Group for Ecology) Street Clean-Up: April 19, read more on the SAGE Page.
Follow this link to listen to Previous Sermons.
Our Shalom Statement
Saint Andrew Christian Church is a shalom community; a gathered people, seeking God’s peace, justice, healing, and wholeness in every part of our lives and world.
Celebrating our diversity, rejoicing in our unity, we welcome and affirm all children of God of any color, class, sexual orientation, age, gender, ability, or thought.
As members of the family of God, we share our beliefs, doubts, struggles, and growth.
Recipients of God’s boundless grace, forgiveness, and love, we in turn offer our gifts and invite the fellowship, gifts, leadership, and spirit of all who share God’s passion for shalom.
Follow us on Twitter & visit us on Facebook!