Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
Women's Retreat - May 5-6, 2017
Saint Andrew women! Join us May 5-6 for our annual women's retreat at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, Kansas. Our retreat leader is our own Joy Zimmerman, LMSW, a soulful singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and presenter! Watch your mail for a registration form, pick one up in the Hearth Room or down load one HERE.
Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's events to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts with an interesting speaker on a timely subject. Watch this space for our next quarerly event.
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall.
For more information contact co-facilitators, Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Bernadette Kautio, email@example.com.
Wise Women meets on April 6,
7pm in Friends Hall.
"What to Expect – Massage & Bodywork" with Mary O'Reilly
Join us for an evening full of information about the benefits of massage and bodywork during this hands-on workshop. Learn what to expect at your massage session and what your rights as a client are. This oldest of the healing arts, massage offers true health benefits for all!
“The sense of touch is the massage therapist’s main avenue used to affect another being and is the body’s main method of gathering information about itself. Touching can affect us physiologically, psychologically and emotionally.
~ Susan Salvo
Mary O’Reilly, is the director of the national licensing examination for the massage and bodywork profession. Mary enjoyed many years as a successful massage practitioner and trauma touch therapist. Mary and her wife Pam Hamilton, are members of St. Andrew who value discovering the joys of life and treasure the love of family and friends..
Wise Women is a group for women of all ages, and friends are always welcome.
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Contact Crysta Baier if you plan to come so
we can save you a seat!
We gather next on April 10, at Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea,perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, email@example.com or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.