Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
2014 Women's Retreat: March 28-29
Mark your calendars! All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwook, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. - We are pleased to announce that Pam Hamilton and Peggy Barnell will be our retreat leaders! Both are accomplished, creative speakers.
Pam draws on her experiences as a Pastor, Life Coach, and Psychotherapist, weaving thought provoking comments, humor, and her interest in social justice issues into a message that is both fun and meaningful. Peggy is an actress and stand-up comedian -- together they will incorporate drama, interactive activities, and lots of fun and humor into our retreat!
Registration forms will be available in January.
Contact Denise Dugan for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's lunches to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts.
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall. Contact Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, for more information.
Our next meeting is December 12 - "Rustic Chic" & 6th Annual Cookie Exchange
Bernadette Kautio will present ideas in creating one-of-a-kind holiday gift wrapping ideas using popular rustic trends of burlap, brown paper and birch accents mingled with chic touches of jeweled ribbon, lace, tulle, sequins and glitter. Come and enjoy an evening of shared creativity, laughter, food and most of all …the warmth and friendliness of Saint Andrews’ Wise Women!
Stay for our 6th Annual Cookie Exchange Event...just in time for holiday entertaining! Please bring 3 dozens of cookies, and take home a delicious and festive assortment!
There will be a basket available for your love gifts. This month, our gifts will go to INTERFAITH HOSPITALITY NETWORK (IHN). IHN is a non-profit organization committed to helping homeless families in our community to achieve lasting independence.
As always, WISE WOMEN is a group for women of all ages and friends are invited. Join us!
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women! This group is currently on hiatus for the summer and will resume again in September.
Please contact Amy Diediker, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
December 9: Ingredient Restaurant (11563 Ash Street,
Leawood, KS 66211)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea, perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, email@example.com for more information.
Saturday, January 18: 9:00 am,
Room 202/203 -
Please join us for our next book discussion! We're currently reading "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay.
"Sarah's Key" is a fictionalized account of the 1942 Paris roundups and deportations, in which thousands of Jewish families were arrested, held at the Vélodrome d'Hiver outside the city, then transported to Auschwitz. You can read more about Sarah's Key at this link. "This is a remarkable historical novel... it's a book that impresses itself upon one's heart and soul forever." -Naomi Ragen, author of The Saturday Wife
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Mindful Living can decrease anxiety, fear, anger, and increase productivity, concentration, and self- confidence, leading to peace with each step of our lives. The group meets third Thursdays, October-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Room 204.
Contact Jody Gyulay, 913.236.8359, for more information.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com to sign up.
• MomFriend is a program of support for women at Saint Andrew who are expectant mothers or mothers of children less than two years old. MomFriends are volunteers from Saint Andrew who check in with these new mothers periodically, answer questions, and share resources. Contact Denise Dugan, Denise@sacchome.org, if you would like to volunteer to be a MomFriend or if you are a new or expectant mom and would like the support of a MomFriend.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women’s programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.