Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at email@example.com or
Janey Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
2014 Women's Retreat: March 28-29
Mark your calendars! All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. - We are pleased to announce that Pam Hamilton and Peggy Barnell will be our retreat leaders! Both are accomplished, creative speakers.
Pam draws on her experiences as a Pastor, Life Coach, and Psychotherapist, weaving thought provoking comments, humor, and her interest in social justice issues into a message that is both fun and meaningful. Peggy is an actress and stand-up comedian -- together they will incorporate drama, interactive activities, and lots of fun and humor into our retreat!
Registration forms available HERE and in the Hearth Room.
Contact Denise Dugan for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's lunches to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluckSoup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts. Watch this space for our next event.
•Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall. Bernadette Kautio and Rejane Henn are now working together as co-facilitators for the Wise Women programs. Welcome Bernadette!
For more information contact Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Burnadette Kautio, email@example.com.
We have a change of program for our upcoming Wise Women meeting, March 13. The topic will be "Getting to Know You."
It will be an interactive program where women will draw questions about themselves, their interests, their families...from a basket, and share as they are comfortable. It will be a great way to learn about the other Wise Women and deepen our friendships! We will also have refreshments! Looking forward to seeing you! -Rejane and Bernadette
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Please contact Amy Diediker, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
March 10: Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea, perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, email@example.com for more information. We meet next on
Saturday, May 17 at
9:00 am in Friends Hall, so -
Save the date! We're currently reading
"Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel" by Maria Semple. -- "In her second novel...Semple pieces together a modern-day comic caper full of heart and ingenuity....a compelling composite of a woman's life-and the way she's viewed by the many people who share it. As expected from a writer who has written episodes of Arrested Development, the nuances of mundane interactions are brilliantly captured, and the overarching mystery deepens with each page, until the thoroughly satisfying dénouement." (Publisher's Weekly)
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Mindful Living can decrease anxiety, fear, anger, and increase productivity, concentration, and self- confidence, leading to peace with each step of our lives. The group meets third Thursdays, October-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Room 204.
Contact Jody Gyulay, 913.236.8359, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com to sign up.