Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
Women's Retreat - May 5-6, 2017
Mark your calendars! All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. Registration forms become available in January.
Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's events to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts with an interesting speaker on a timely subject.
Women's Potluck Salad Lunch -
October 23; Noon; Friends Hall
Telling Our Stories -- Changing the World
with Eva Schulte,
Executive Director, Communities Creating Opportunities
Eva Schulte, is President and CEO of Communities Creating Opportunity, a 38-year-old community organization with proven impact in moving human dignity to the center of public life. Eva has built CCO over ten years from presence in one city to change making influence in two states, six counties, and twelve municipalities. Between 2012-2014 Communities Creating Opportunity directly engaged 123,000 voters in faith-based and community organizing for economic dignity and racial and gender equity. Eva serves as a Diaconal Minister in the Lutheran Church (ELCA) and holds a MA in Ethics and Social Theory from the Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley. She began her career supporting job training for migrant workers in Iowa and for the past 15 years has organized communities through the PICO Network in California, Missouri and Kansas. Eva supported the founding of faith based community organizing in Rwanda, Africa and is a consultant with Indiana, Michigan, and PICO International.
Please RSVP and let us know if you will bring soup, salad, bread or dessert and if you can help with set up or clean up. Childcare by request.
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall.
For more information contact co-facilitators, Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Bernadette Kautio, email@example.com.
The Saint Andrew Wise Women Group will gather on Thursday, November 10
"Legal Issues and Practical Matters" with Karen Weber
Karen Weber, elder law and special needs lawyer, will discuss estate planning, including power of attorney and advance directive, ways to avoid probate, and guardianship and conservatorship.
Her focus will be on helping our women with legal plans for themselves and family members.
Karen comes highly recommended and has kindly accepted to speak to us and answer questions.
Karen is an elder law and special needs planning lawyer with an emphasis on estate and Medicaid planning for nursing home care. She also drafts special needs trusts for people with disabilities and helps families establish guardianship and conservatorship when necessary. Ms. Weber is licensed to practice law in both Kansas and Missouri. She is a frequent speaker at professional and community events discussing the topics of elder law and special needs planning. Ms. Weber is the co-founder and past-president of the Kansas Chapter of The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc., and her offices are conveniently located at College Boulevard and Antioch in Overland Park, Kansas.
In 2001, the Kansas Department of Commerce and Housing honored the Weber Law Offices as the Kansas Woman-Owned Professional Service Firm of the Year. In 2002, the Society of Financial Service Professionals selected Ms. Weber as a finalist for the Kansas City Business Ethics Award. Karen received both her Juris Doctor degree and her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree, with distinction, from the University of Missouri. Following law school, Ms. Weber served a term as Law Clerk at the Missouri Court of Appeals. She then entered private practice where she emphasized litigation before focusing exclusively on the practice of elder law and special needs planning.
Wise Women is a group of women of all ages, and friends are always welcome. Please join us!
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Contact Crysta Baier if you plan to come so
we can save you a seat!
We gather next on November14 at Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea,perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, email@example.com or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.