Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
Women's Retreat - May 5-6, 2017
Mark your calendars! All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. Registration forms become available in January.
Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's events to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts with an interesting speaker on a timely subject. Our next Quarterly Event is:
Potato Bar Lunch - February 26
All are Welcome - Women and Men!
Join us at noon in Friends Hall for a Potato Bar sponsored by Saint Andrew Women’s Ministries. Cindy Holscher, Kansas House Representative from Olathe will be our presenter.
Make your voice heard! Get involved!
Women are standing up and speaking out! Cindy will help us explore the best ways to be involved in the issues that are important to us – from making a phone call to running for office and everything in-between! Hear Cindy’s story of successfully running for office for the first time and see what opportunities are out there for you to make your voice heard.
For planning purposes, please RSVP and let us know how many will be attending, if you will be bringing a potato topping, salad or dessert, and if you can help with set-up or clean-up. Childcare will be available.
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall.
For more information contact co-facilitators, Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Bernadette Kautio, email@example.com.
Wise Women meets on March 9,
7pm in Friends Hall.
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Contact Crysta Baier if you plan to come so
we can save you a seat!
We gather next on February 13, at Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea,perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, email@example.com or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.