Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
2013 Saint Andrew Women’s Retreat,
Body, Mind, Spirit Renewal Weekend was held on
March 1-2 at Tall Oaks Conference Center.
Thanks to the 70+ Saint Andrew women whose presence made our retreat such a success! Our keynote speaker, Coco McAtee and music leader, Joy Zimmerman led us with inspiring messages, along with our special group leaders: Linda Davis-Rolen, Becky Dazey, Katie Brennan, Shari Tedford, Mary O'Reilly, Joy Zimmerman, and Lenora Wuattoux. 100 heart door hangers were donated to Kansas City Hospice. New friendships were made, and lots of laughter was enjoyed by all. To see photos, go to Saint Andrew's facebook page.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's lunches to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually potluck salad lunches with lots of yummy salads and desserts. Watch this space for our next event!
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall. Contact Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, for more information.
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women! This group is currently on hiatus for the summer and will resume again in September.
Please contact Amy Diediker, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea, perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, email@example.com for more information.
May 18: Please join us for the next women's book group meeting, 9:00 am in Friends Hall. We will be discussing Wingshooters by Nina Revoyr. This novel examines the effects of change on a small isolated town, the strengths and limits of community, and the sometimes conflicting loyalties of family and justice as seen through he eyes of a of a Japanese American child.
July 20: We will be meeting again at 9:00 am in Friends Hall, to discuss The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Mindful Living can decrease anxiety, fear, anger, and increase productivity, concentration, and self- confidence, leading to peace with each step of our lives. The group meets third Thursdays, October-May, 7:00 pm in Room 203.
Contact Jody Gyulay, 913.236.8359, for more information.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com to sign up.
• MomFriend is a program of support for women at Saint Andrew who are expectant mothers or mothers of children less than two years old. MomFriends are volunteers from Saint Andrew who check in with these new mothers periodically, answer questions, and share resources. Contact Denise Dugan, Denise@sacchome.org, if you would like to volunteer to be a MomFriend or if you are a new or expectant mom and would like the support of a MomFriend.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women’s programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.