Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Janey Pryor at email@example.com.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. Registration forms become available in January.
Contact Denise Dugan for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's events to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts with an interesting speaker on a timely subject.
• Women's Salad Lunch - June 14:
"World War I and Women: World War One Offers New Opportunities for Women"
with Nancy Cramer:
Join us for lunch at 11:45am in Friends Hall for this special presentation.
Women were needed to fill vacancies left by men going to the military as mechanics, factory workers, train conductors, even police officers. Women drove ambulances in war zones and replaced men in military office positions. The skills women learned, along with gaining a new sense of independence, changed the role of 20th century women completely.
Nancy Cramer has taught children and adults for more than 30 years. She has volunteered in a number of areas: Science Pioneers, Unity Church of Overland Park, Northeast Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, and the Bellefontaine Corps of the Salvation Army. The past four years she has been one of the many volunteers at the National World War I Museum. Her interest in this topic has been the subject of four published books with several more planned in a series called “World War One Poppy Books.”
Please RSVP and let us know you are coming; if you will bring a salad or dessert; and if you can help with set up or clean up.
•Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall.
For more information contact co-facilitators, Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Bernadette Kautio, firstname.lastname@example.org. Wise Women group is on hiatus untill September.
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Contact Crysta Baier if you plan to come so
we can save you a seat!
We gather next on
June 8 at Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea,perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, email@example.com for more information.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com to sign up.