Welcome. Women’s Ministries at Saint Andrew offers you a variety of opportunities to connect with other women. We invite you to gather together for fun, study, support, and friendship — and usually some great food thrown in for good measure!
We hope you find one or several groups that work for you. For more details on any group, contact the name provided or the church office at 913-764-5888.
If you have questions or program ideas contact:
Denise Dugan at email@example.com or
Janey Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Women's Ministries photo gallery.
Women's Retreat - May 5-6, 2017
Mark your calendars! All Women are invited to our annual retreat held at Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, KS. You only have to say the words “women’s retreat” to anyone who has attended and you’ll quickly see the enthusiasm, energy, and inspiration that resulted from their two days with other amazing women. Registration forms become available in January.
Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com, for more information.
Quarterly Women's Events
We sponsor quarterly women's events to which all women at Saint Andrew are invited! They are usually a potluck Soup & Salad Lunch with lots of yummy soups, salads, and desserts with an interesting speaker on a timely subject. Watch this space for our next event.
• Wise Women is a group for wise women of ALL ages and friends are always welcome. Each month will feature a varied and interesting program on such timely topics as health, creativity, family and friend relationships, rituals and traditions. Come see what we are all about! The group meets second Thursdays, September-May, 7:00-8:30 pm in Friends Hall.
For more information contact co-facilitators, Rejane Henn, 816.587.1015, or Bernadette Kautio, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Saint Andrew Wise Women Group will reconvene on Thursday, September 8th after our summer hiatus, and we will begin the new season with a very special program.
Kansas City Hospice and Top Drawer Boutique will share the presentation followed by a fashion show, featuring clothing from Top Drawer Boutique. Several of our very own Wise Women models will present the show.
Top Drawer Boutique is a lovely resale (not thrift shop or consignment) store in Leawood, where donated fashions from stores and individuals are sold, and the proceeds go to support Kansas City Hospice and its services.
We will be having a clothing drive to support Top Drawer and Kansas City Hospice. Starting now, we are asking that you would consider setting aside any gently used, quality men and women's clothing you would like to donate in September. Along with clothing, Top Drawer Boutique is always grateful for men and women's gently used shoes, jewelry, accessories (belts and handbags), art, and dishes.
We will keep you informed and will provide details as we get closer to Sept. 8th.
For questions, please email Rejane Henn.
• Ladies’ Night Out meets for dinner out on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please join us for great food and a chance to become better acquainted with Saint Andrew women!
Contact Crysta Baier if you plan to come so
we can save you a seat!
We gather next on September 12 at Spin Pizza (14230 W 119th St, Olathe, KS 66062)
• Women’s Reading Group is the perfect gathering if you enjoy reading a wide variety of books and engaging in lively discussions. We meet at various times/venues to accommodate each other’s schedules. We may have a Saturday morning coffee, a Sunday afternoon tea,perhaps an evening at church, etc. Contact Ann Karasek, email@example.com for more information.
• Gathering the Stories of Women in the Military is an ongoing initiative of Saint Andrew Christian Church's Women's Ministries. The mission is to honor women's service in the military by listening to their stories.
Contact Marcia Manter, coordinator of this initiative, firstname.lastname@example.org or 913.894.5874, for more information.
• Service Projects - Volunteering is an important component of women's programming at Saint Andrew. Watch the Women's Email Newsletter for current projects.
Watch for our monthly Women's Email Newsletter for the most current information! Contact Denise Dugan, email@example.com to sign up.